Minneapolis/Saint Paul Asset Management Firm
“Will I outlive my money?” It’s a question we all must face in today’s world, where people are eating more nutritious diets, staying active, receiving better healthcare, and, therefore, living much longer than previous generations. More people than ever are living to 100 years old or even beyond. If you’re 55 and healthy, it’s not far-fetched to believe you could live to be 95. And while this increased longevity offers so much to look forward to, it comes with complex financial challenges. How do you create a strategy that will withstand the test of time?
Hiring a financial consultant who understands your needs, values, and concerns is critical to your success. At Winter & Associates, we offer highly personalized investment advice to prepare you for a job that’s never finished. As your financial professional, we work closely with you to understand your financial goals and help to assess your risk tolerance. Then together, we define an approach that fits your unique situation, build a long-term strategy that suits what’s most important to you, and work hard to protect it. You have the benefit of not only our experience, but also a network of trusted professionals with expansive resources to help you grow your portfolio over time while mitigating risk.
Are you ready to discover the financial strategy that works for you? Give us a call at 651-414-5000, or fill out the contact form here, and we’ll be in touch soon.
Investment Advisory Services
Investment advisory services provide a comprehensive solution for managing your money and investments. Our process includes:
- Assessment. As your financial consultant, we analyze your current portfolio and compare it to your goals, needs, and risk tolerance.
- Portfolio Personalization. We work with you to create a custom-designed asset allocation tailored to your needs.
- Recommendations. Next, we provide personalized recommendations on specific investments. As a fiduciary for our investment advisory clients, we always keep our clients’ best interests at the forefront.
- Wealth Management. Drawing on decades of knowledge and experience, we manage your investments with objectivity and careful thought for your future.
- Reviews. We meet with you on a regular basis to keep you on track with your financial strategy and monitor your progress toward your goals. This includes an annual review and quarterly check-ins.
When you choose to become an investment advisory client of Winter & Associates, we become your advocate. Feel free to call us any time you have a financial question. We’ll also reach out to you often to see how you’re doing and provide updates. Contact us today to get started!
Open Architecture Investment Platform
When an asset management firm only offers its own products to its clients, can they really act in your best interests? At Winter & Associates we take an open architecture approach, which allows us to meet your financial needs while working to avoid potential conflicts of interest.
We believe in open architecture because it gives you more options. Because it fosters an environment of trust. Because it allows us to recommend the products that work for you and your financial goals.
For us, this business is personal. Instead of off-the-shelf advice and cookie-cutter financial products, we design customized strategies that can serve your needs now and as things change. Contact us today to get started!
Access to Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs
Financial markets are complex. That’s why it’s so important to have an expert who has your best interests in mind on your side. We’ll guide you through the basics of investing in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and make recommendations on investments based on your financial goals and risk tolerance.
- Stocks: investments that represent ownership share in a company. When you buy stock, you’re purchasing a small piece of a company, otherwise known as a ‘share.’ As your financial consultant, we analyze the role individual equities should play in fueling your long-term financial success.
- Bonds: fixed income investments that represent loans made by an investor to a borrower. Bond owners are debtholders or creditors of the issuer—you loan your money to an organization, and they commit to pay you back in full with regular interest payments. Based on your financial goals and risk tolerance, we may recommend investing in bonds to balance out other investments with higher risk.
- Mutual Funds: investment strategies that pool your money with other investors. Mutual funds allow you to have your money invested in stocks, bonds, or other investments that provide ready-made diversification. Active funds have the benefit of a professional money management team who reviews the portfolio on a regular basis. Passive funds attempt to track and perform similarly to a broad market index.
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs): basket of securities that track an underlying index, and are traded on stock exchanges. ETFs may contain several types of investments, such as stocks, bonds, and commodities.
If you’re researching Minneapolis and St. Paul asset management firms, consider a family business that has endured for generations. Founded in 1908, Winter & Associates offers more than your typical financial consultant. We are your allies in this complicated part of life, at your side with answers and options in the good times and the inevitable rough spots. How can we help you? Book a meeting with our team today!
Investments will fluctuate and when redeemed may be worth more or less than when originally invested.
Investments in fixed income securities are subject to the creditworthiness of their issuers and interest rate risk. As such, the net asset value of bond and real estate funds will fall as interest rates rise.